Contact us HERE

Monday, October 4, 2010

Milk and Rving

This is how it was done when I was a kid. My grandmother would snug her head into the cows belly and be done before you knew it. See the kickers on this cow's legs? Gramma never used them. When I grew older and had to milk the cows, I remember old Crazy Legs arching her neck to see who was tugging on her teats and grew uncomfortable with me doing the tugging. A few well aimed swipes with her tail let me know to ease up. A cow who has been in the barnyard has a wet and very "ripe" tail and one smack is enough! What has this to do with RVing? Nothing. Milk is good for you, though.

1 comment:

Danny &Shula Oren said...

I also miss the "OLD" way of doing things,it natural,friendly and bring people together.
We helped branding on a cattle farm in Wyoming , it was done in the old way with friends coming to help-it was just fantastic.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/rvsummerdude/20065THRVTripWyomingMinnesotaIowa#5421377294719043810